Thursday, October 5, 2017

Storytelling

I ran into a friend yesterday who said she loves to follow our story and hear how our children came to our family. She encouraged me to write a book. She's not the first person to suggest this, but she reminded me how important our story will be to our kids. To have it all transcribed and not just kept safely inside my heart may prove to be challenging for me. It may require me to relive some really hard things and it may remind me of past failures. But it may also prove to be a beautiful reminder of my own growth and help heal some of the scars left by infertility, failed adoptions and adoption trauma. While I can't promise eloquent wording or happy endings, I can promise that this story is worth listening to. To read it is to read of miracles and of a God who guided us again and again until we found each of our 5 babies.

This is the story of how we became a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment